Autumn is here, which means it’s almost time for Nonfiction November!
Throughout the month of November, bloggers Liz, Frances, Heather, Rebekah, and Lisa invite you to celebrate Nonfiction November with us.
Fellow bloggers Liz (Adventures in reading, running and working from home), Frances (Volatile Rune), Heather (Based on a True Story), and Lisa (Hopewell’s Public Library of Life), and Rebekah (She Seeks Nonfiction) invite you to celebrate Nonfiction November.
Meet your hosts!
Liz, who blogs at Adventures in reading, running and working from home, is an editor, transcriber, reader, reviewer, writer and runner. She likes reading literary fiction and nonfiction, travel and biography.
Frances blogs about the books she has read at Volatile Rune and is a published poet, reviewer, sometime storyteller and novelist.
Heather of Based on a True Story lives in Ohio with her husband, surrounded by lots and lots of critters!
Rebekah reads and writes about social justice, atheism, religion, science history, and more on She Seeks Nonfiction.
Last but not least, Lisa blogs at Hopewell’s Public Library of Life.
How it works
Each Monday, our weekly host will post our topic prompt and include a linkup where you can link your posts, connect with other bloggers, and dive deeper by reading and sharing nonfiction book reviews. Feel free to use our official Nonfiction November graphics, too!
Here are the topic prompts for each week:
Hosts in order of weeks are:
- Heather – Based on a True Story
- Frances – Volatile Rune
- Liz – Adventures in reading, running and working from home
- Rebekah – She Seeks Nonfiction
- Lisa – Hopewell’s Public Library of Life
And here are the topics by week:
- Week 1
- Dates: 10/30-11/3
- Host: Heather
- Title: Your Year in Nonfiction
- Description: Celebrate your year of nonfiction. What books have you read? What were your favorites? Have you had a favorite topic? Is there a topic you want to read about more? What are you hoping to get out of participating in Nonfiction November?
- Week 2
- Dates: 11/6-11/10
- Host: Frances
- Title: Choosing Nonfiction
- Description: What are you looking for when you pick up a nonfiction book? Do you have a particular topic you’re attracted to? Do you have a particular writing style that works best? When you look at a nonfiction book, does the title or cover influence you? If so, share a title or cover which you find striking.
- Week 3
- Dates: 11/13-11/17
- Host: Liz
- Title: Book pairings
- Description: This week, pair up a nonfiction book with a fiction title. Maybe it’s a historical novel and the real history in a nonfiction version, or a memoir and a novel, or a fiction book you’ve read and you would like recommendations for background reading. You can be as creative as you like!
- Week 4
- Dates: 11/20-11/24
- Host: Rebekah
- Title: Worldview Shapers
- Description: One of the greatest things about reading nonfiction is learning all kinds of things about our world which you never would have known without it. There’s the intriguing, the beautiful, the appalling, and the profound. What nonfiction book or books have impacted the way you see the world in a powerful way? Is there one book that made you rethink everything? Do you think there is a book that should be required reading for everyone?
- Week 5
- Dates: 11/27-12/1
- Host: Lisa
- Title: New to my TBR
- Description: (New to My TBR: It’s been a month full of amazing nonfiction books! Which ones have made it onto your TBR? Be sure to link back to the original blogger who posted about that book!